[horde] service.activesync has stopped

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Apr 12 13:58:16 UTC 2013

Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:

> Zitat von Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:
>
>> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>>
>>> The only thing odd I see here is 4 different requests running at
>>> the same time. Any errors in the horde (not the activesync) log?
>>> It looks
>>
>> Do not see errors in horde log.
>>
>>> like it's related to sending mail, which wasn't changed between
>>> the two latest versions that I can remember.
>>
>> The error often comes after sending a email (with a attachment of ~ 1,3 MB).
>> Point the device into the send folder show the error immediately.
>> Look like the device is unable to load the sent folder (is empty
>> after reset).
>
> Downgrade to Horde_ActiveSync-2.3.2 and the android 2.3.6 device
> work fine again.
> Do not know what is going wrong with 2.3.3 :-(
>

>>> I have two OG droids at home for testing, one has a  2.3.x ROM on
>>> it IIRC, so I'll run it through some tests when I get back, though
>>> I kinda remember it only supporting up to EAS 2.5 and your log
>>> clearly shows it's running 12.1...not sure what to make of that.

I was wrong. My test Droids at home are running 2.2.2. Don't have time
to mess with changing the ROM at the moment.

Anyway, those devices work fine with sending email. I checked all the
commits between 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 and there is NOTHING changed with
email sending. There was a typo in the code that saves the device
information during the first pairing (see the fix at
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/cb6a1130bbc9924bc46e65319b7ab5a84a162f98#framework/ActiveSync) but since you said no errors in the logs, and this code is not executed during sending email, that's not the
issue.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)