[horde] Stumped cannot connect to mail server...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Apr 19 23:22:53 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-19 at 18:49 -0400, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>:
>
> > I manually via Pear backed out Horde 5 completely and I replaced the
> > database with a new empty one.  I've been able to get the database
> > populated and seem to be out of the woods with encoding problems.
> > My mail server is NOT on localhost, it is at 192.168.5.3.  The inside
> > address of the horde server is 192.168.5.4.  Perhaps this would work
> > if the dovecot 2 server was on localhost.  I'm not seeing using iptraf
> > any attempts to connect to the IMAP server.  Is this a configuration
> > problem in Horde or dovecot???  Dovecot works from evolution...
>
> You need to configure the IMAP server information in
> imp/config/backends[.local].php.

[root at xerxes config]# cat backends.local.php
<?php
	$servers['imap']['secure'] = false
?>
[root at xerxes config]#

Does backends.local.php belong in horde/imp/config or horde/config???

Dovecot is configured to use a cram-md5 passwd file, works from
evolution okay and matches what I have in the simulated environment.
I'm trying to get plain authentication working before I worry about
TLS.  The ownership on the file was root:root instead of apache:apache.