[horde] Fwd: ActiveSync: triplicate calendar entries on device (SOLVED, sort of)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jul 18 14:50:32 UTC 2013

Quoting Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

> On Thu, 18 Jul 2013, Tom Seeley wrote:
>
>> Ok, so on the basis that this was looking more like a problem with
>> the device than horde, I did the following:
>>
>> . I deleted the Exchange activesync profile on the device.
>> . I rebooted the device
>> . I re-created the activesync profile on the device.
>>
>> This actually made things worse, now I was seeing emails in
>> triplicate in addition to calendar entries in triplicate.
>>
>> So I tried again, but this time I planned to clear out any data:
>>
>> . I deleted the Exchange activesync profile on the device
>> . I deleted all stored data I could find that would be relevant, ie
>> calendar storage, email storage, exchange activesync storage.  This
>> was done through the settings->storage->applications menu on the
>> device.
>> . I rebooted the device.
>>
>> At this point I was about to re-create the profile when my phone
>> went ping! to alert me to a new message.  Given I had just deleted
>> the exchange profile
>
> I had to remove my Exchange profile twice in Android v4.2.2:
>
> 1) the entry in "Microsoft Exchange" / "Corporate"
>
> 2) a 2nd entry in the tab "Account settings", where you get from the
> same tab as in 1)
>
> The entry in the second tab seems to configure just the email
> settings, but why the configuration is left there, when I delete the
> main account?
>
> I found it out by accident, because Android did not let me re-create
> a delete account again, claiming it already exists. So I tapped any
> setting systematically until I found this second place.

FWIW, another thing I've found that was sometimes necessary was to go
into "Apps" -> "All" and then select the various storage providers
(like Calendar Storage, Contacts Storage etc...). From there, you can
"Delete application data". This sometimes fixed some strange issues...
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org