[horde] kronolith off-by-one-hour daylight savings time bug

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Tue Mar 4 16:37:04 UTC 2014

Am 04.03.2014 16:55, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Benjamin Rose <benrose at math.princeton.edu>:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Now that DST is just a few short days away in NYC, I have users once
>> again noticing their recurring 2pm meetings/appointments all say 3pm
>> next week. This goes for the Kronolith web interface itself, as well
>> as any user I have subscribed to CalDAV/ics who is on
>> Linux/Mac/Windows. Yes, Outlook too has the time shifted. I have seen
>> more "broken" clients than "working" at this point. I am trying to
>> track down the source of this bug and fix it once and for all. I have
>> commented trying to reopen this ticket:
>>
>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12773
>>
>> Can someone please reclassify that ticket as open? Or should I file a
>> new bug report? I am the systems manager here so I can provide all
>> sorts of proof and/or test data. As far as I can tell the only reason
>> this ticket was closed was because an Android client worked through
>> ActiveSync, but that doesn't seem like very thorough testing
>> considering every other client I have tested is broken.
>
> This is not true. If you read my comments, you will see that it was
> tested using Lightning. I included the information about the activesync
> clients (which, by the way, were not just android clients) for
> completeness to show that the information coming from kronolith was
> correct.
>
> The bug was closed, as mentioned in the ticket, because no developer can
> reproduce your symptoms. I have dozens of recurring events, and not one
> of them is being shifted in any client I have tried in - including
> Outlook and Lightning.

Sorry Mike as also written in the bug, i am still able to reproduce this
bug any time, also included all info i was able to get of , i am sure
you tried your best , but its simply not fixed, if you need help ,
please announce what exact debug logs/prodcedure etc you need , simply
closing stuff does not help anyone, from my point of few, horde isnt
really usable with thunderbird/lightning these days via caldav, also
very ugly missing scheduling with invites, preventing any case of invite
attendees caldav in thunderbird/lightning, as there is no fallback to
local/old invite action.

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--