[horde] Two doubts

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Fri Apr 11 08:03:58 UTC 2014

  Citat af Borja Riesgo Juan <borjariesgo at gmail.com>:

> what are the advantages of sending the attachemtns as link to the
> server? where are they store in the server?
>
>    Un saludo
>
> Borja Riesgo
> borjariesgo at gmail.com

>>  Citat af Borja Riesgo Juan <borjariesgo at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I'm using horde mailing system and i've got the following doubts:
>>>
>>>    *   attachments: Attachements are sent as a link to my server.
>>
>> they are
>>
>>> not sent in the mail. how cani change this? why this?
>>>
>>>     * resent: the default option of resending an email is as an
>>> attachement instead of as a "in the body". how can i change this? i
want
>>> resend the email as "in the body" as default.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Borja
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Default action on resending:
>> You can set these things under Preferences -> mail -> Replies -> Show
>> Advanced Preferences........
>>
>> About attachements:
>> Yor need to login as administrator
>> go to Administrtion -> Configuration -> mail -> Compose
>>
>> Set $conf[compose][link_attachments] "Should attachments be sent as
>> web-accessible links" as you wish....
>>
>> /erling
>> --

If attachements is bigger than the normal 10 mb limits on mail server
handling.
Some servers can handle bigger mails but that dosn't aply to all. perhaps
your mail parses through one that doesn't.
Then it wil generate an error or wil just not parse through.
Another thing if the person in the other end desides that th attachment
isn't worth it. why use bandwith on it.

/erling