[horde] Horde Administration configuration 403

lwieder jaglists at jagtec.net
Thu May 1 12:59:28 UTC 2014

Jan Schneider wrote
> . I DO have an
>> Administration link. My original message on 4/15 explained that I could
>> log into the account set up as administrator see the
>> Administration/Configuration menu link. All the links under
>> Administration work fine, except Configuration.  I can open all the
>> Administration links all the way down to CLI.  I cannot open the
>> Configuration link, this is the only one that returns the 403 Forbidden
>> page.
>>
>> Thank you, I do appreciate the help very much..
>
> Well, then again: this doesn't have anything to do with Horde. Horde
> doesn't send 403 responses. This is something on your server. If you
> don't run a web app firewall, then something else, like Apache rules.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider

I found the problem and wanted to let the list know in case anyone else
runs into this... This is default behaviour if one uses the horde.conf file
provided in the Horde WIKI for CentOS here:
http://wiki.horde.org/CentOS5InstallationNotes?referrer=HowTo
<http://wiki.horde.org/CentOS5InstallationNotes?referrer=HowTo>

the file has this section:

# Deny access to files that are not served directly by the webserver
<DirectoryMatch
"^/var/www/html/horde/(.*/)?(config|lib|locale|po|scripts|templates)/(.*)?">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
   </DirectoryMatch>

 Adding - Allow from "my Ip address" in this section fixes it.

I can access the Configuration page now from my home office.

www.jagtec.net

leon