[horde] Doubling emails-problem in Outlook 2013

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 16 13:41:17 UTC 2014

Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> Hi guys,
> [#12945] ActiveSync: Deleting one email in Outlook 2013 results in
> two mails in Outlook 2013 trash folder
> indicates a part oft he problem..
>
> This is "ok" for the clients using Horde as "MS Exchange" Server..
> They are not happy about it, but they can work with it..

Yeah, it *IS* annoying, but it's a bug/feature of OL, nothing we can
do about it unfortunately.

> But the bigger problem is the following behavior:
> When a message is moved from the INBOX to a subfolder INBOX.test
> then also there the message is doubled..
>
> This is more then horrible for users.. They dont know which of the 2
> messages is the "real" one..
>
> In addition Oultook says in status line on the bottom "trying to
> connect" + triangle with exclamation mark..
> Users are going to be confused and can't understand it.. you know..
>
> Any hooks/code changes to make in my own GIT fork to workarround?
>
> Cheers!

Can you provide a sync log showing what happens when you move the
message? This sounds similar to another problem that affected
FRAMEWORK_5_1, but not master... Are you running the latest git master?

--
mike
The Horde Project