[horde] Php 5.6.0~beta3 crashes dovecot when horde tries to login

Henning Twilek at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 16:27:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

today I installed php 5.6.0 beta3 on a debian testing system (I didn´t pay
enough attention and missed that it was a major version upgrade). Since then
horde segfaults the dovecot imap-login service (version 2.2.13 )when trying
to login via IMAP. Direct IMAP Logins without horde work without problems. I
don´t know wether this is related to the "Horde_Imap_Client test failure
with latest PHP" in the development mailing list. Debian has removed the
package files for the 5.5.12 and I cannot find them in any remaining
distribution, so reverting to the old version does not work. The current
stable php5 version 5.4 needs different apache as well (with all attached
libs etc) so that would also only be a last resort. I don´t know if I can
use the Ubuntu packages without completely messing up the system. I am out
of ideas at the moment...

Regards

Henning