[horde] Handler for action "dynamicinit" does not exist. Was: "Error: User is not authorized for imp"

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Fri Jun 13 16:27:06 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-12 19:40, Andy Dorman wrote:

> On 06/12/2014 05:31 PM, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
>
>> Ugh. Sorry to be a pest, but this appears to only work in Google Chrome. Other browsers I've tried (namely, Firefox on my Ubuntu machine and IE 11 on Windows 8) don't work. IE 11 won't let me log in at all, and in Firefox on my Ubuntu box, I'm able to log in, but when I try to open Imp, I see the Imp application screen, but I get an error message 'Handler for action "dynamicinit" does not exist.' at the bottom, with no messages displayed. Chrome works fine whether I use it from Ubuntu or Windows 8. Links: ------ [1]http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration56.incompatible.php [1]
>
> Ernie, based on the error, 'Handler for action "dynamicinit" does not
> exist.', I would look at your web server config. It sounds like your
> web server is looking for a file to handle a "dynamic" request (ie,
> ajax) and can not find one.
>
> Your config is probably different from ours, but our apache config has
> this line which tells the server when to act as a "proxy" and what file
> to call and how to pass the data when it sees an "ajax" or dynamic request.
>
> ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*.php(/.*)?)$ fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000/usr/share/horde/$1
>
> The exact content of this line will likely be different for you unless
> you are using Apache 2.4.x and your PHP and web server are communicating
> via a TCP socket (on port 9000 in this case).
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
> Andy Dorman

I'm afraid that's not the issue. The configuration for our webmail
server is actually quite vanilla. I disabled the Proxy Apache module
(it's used by another site) just in case, but got nowhere with that.

Here's the Apache configuration anyway:

<VirtualHost 206.12.82.200:80>
SuexecUserGroup "#1111" "#1113"
# AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
ServerName webmail.lightspeed.ca
ServerAlias www.webmail.lightspeed.ca
DocumentRoot /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/public_html
ErrorLog /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/logs/error_log
CustomLog /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/logs/access_log combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/cgi-bin/
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php4 index.php5
<Directory /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/public_html>
Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
allow from all
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /home/webmail/cgi-bin>
allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 206.12.82.200:443>
SuexecUserGroup "#1111" "#1113"
ServerName webmail.lightspeed.ca
ServerAlias www.webmail.lightspeed.ca
DocumentRoot /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/public_html
ErrorLog /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/logs/error_log
CustomLog /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/logs/access_log combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/cgi-bin/
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php4 index.php5
<Directory /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/public_html>
Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
allow from all
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/cgi-bin>
allow from all
</Directory>
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/ssl.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/ssl.key
SSLCACertificateFile /home/webmail.lightspeed.ca/ssl.ca
</VirtualHost>

Links:
------
[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration56.incompatible.php