[horde] Two Really Dumb Questions About Horde 5.2.1 Portal Blocks, Question 1 answered

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Jan 15 04:49:40 UTC 2015

On 01/14/2015 05:11 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:
>
>> 1. How do you configure Horde to switch immediately to Imp after
>> login?  I have set Horde's prefs.local.php with
>>
>> $_prefs['initial_application']['value'] = 'imp';
>>
>> But all that seems to do is pre-select Imp in the user's Horde Display
>> Preferences->Display Options->What application should FanMailPlus
>> display after login?
>
> No... that is the correct preference.
>
> Only thing I can think of is that you have an authentication backend
> other than "application" (imp) configured.

And that was the answer...I changed my Horde auth settings using the
Configuration web interface:

$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

I already had the backend authentication set up for Imp, and the
"initial_application" preference started working as it was supposed to.
  Now our users can select the application to start with after logging in.

Thanks Michael,

--
Andy Dorman