[horde] php errors trying to reinstall

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Fri Oct 23 21:17:56 UTC 2015

  Citat af Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Thomas Lageotakes <lageotakes at hotmail.com>:
>
>> I installed horde webmail with debian and could not get it to login but
>> the test site worked.  I unistalled and tried to install with pear
>> using the quick install at
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL.  I still could it to
>> login and uninstalled with http://wiki.horde.org/UninstallPEAR.
>>
>> I again installed it with Debian aptitude.  I am tying to run webmail
>> and get thee following errors
>>
>> PHP Warning:  require_once(/etc/horde/lib/Application.php): failed to
>> open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/webmail-install on
>> line 17
>>
>> Warning: require_once(/etc/horde/lib/Application.php): failed to open
>> stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
>> '/etc/horde/lib/Application.php'
>> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
>> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>>
>> Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
>> '/etc/horde/lib/Application.php'
>> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
>> /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17
>>
>> Any ideas
>
> Can't really help with respect to the debian install, but what happened
> when you tried to login after install directly from PEAR? Is the user
> you are logging in as a valid IMAP user on the server running on the
> same box as Horde (or whatever server you may have changed the
> configuration to use)?
>
> --
> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org [1]

  Hey
Well it seems you have some serious trouble with your paths...

Horde has to be reachable from your webserver. I do hope your webserver
hasn't access to your /etc directory.
"Failed opening required '/etc/horde/lib/Application.php"  tells us that
there isn't access to the file /etc/horde/...
This should have been something like /var/www or /var/webdoc or similar
depending on the version of debian you are using.

giving web access to /etc is a serious security risk...!

Try again all over and do clean up the mess already done.
    [2]
/erling

Links:
------