[horde] horde 5 ldap/samba4 authentication fails “Bad search filter Parameters”

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Jan 18 14:43:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

Zitat von gladston3 at posteo.de:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to authenticate my horde users against my samba4 active
> directory but I am always getting a "Bad search filter Parameters"
> error.
> [...]
> $conf['auth']['params']['filter'] = '(&(objectClass=person)
> (memberOf=cn=users,dc=xxx,dc=com))';
> [...]
>
> The exact error message I get in browser when I try to login:
>
> Bad search filter Parameters: Base: CN=Users,DC=xxx,DC=com Filter:
> (&(&(objectClass=person)(memberOf=cn=users,dc=xxx,dc=com))(samaccountname
> =xxx)) Scope: sub

does using this filter work when using i.e. "ldapsearch" from the
command line?

What type of LDAP server is this? You mentioned "active directory"
(Microsoft), while Samba4 might indicate OpenLDAP. If the latter, have
you activated the "memberOf" overlay in OpenLDAP?

You wrote that Dovecot works fine authenticating against your LDAP
server. How's the according filter set there?

Regards,
Jens