[horde] change of date format won't work

mclien frank at mclien.de
Fri Mar 11 17:34:15 UTC 2016

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:42:08 -0500
Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting mclien <frank at mclien.de>:
>
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I'm new to horde so excuse noob questions.
> >
> > I just adjusted my global settings for locale and time, e.g
> > 20.03.2016 instead of 03/20/2016, but it won't make those  date
> > format appear in my tasks due date. (still 03/20/2016, no matter if
> > it's a task I created before or after the settings change.
>
> I can verify that the date due on existing tasks is shown in the
> correct format when viewing the task. However, it appears that the
> date picker does not honor the preference. Please create a ticket on
> bugs.horde.org.

I found the problem, I think. The dates inside the tasks/calendar follows the locale of the setting:
Global settings - Loacle and Time - select your preferred language.
If this is set to "default" aka "Englich (US)" you get the US date (with the weired twist of day/month), whatever you do in the rest of the settings accourding date/time format  in Locale and Time is ignored.

--
mclien<frank at mclien.de>
gpg-key: D68E3EA2