[horde] [dev] Horde 6 vs. Horde 5.3

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jun 16 13:46:05 UTC 2016

Quoting Jens-U. Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> This discussion is actually better taking place on the horde
>> mailing list, since we want feedback from our community too, so
>> moving it there.
>>
>> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Hi *,
>
> I'm in favor of a 5.3 release as well. Seeing all that might break
> or need getting used to when swithing to v6, I'd rather see a mature
> 5.3 version which is targeting a "final version" state for the 5.x
> series. This will give us some time to get used to v6 once it's out.

Just to be clear, the end user won't see any differences if we call it
6.0 or 5.3. The feature set that exists in Git master currently is
more or less what we would release either way. For example, there
would be no Basic or Minimal view in IMP either way.

The things that would be different would be in code - and possibly
installation method.