[horde] remove session in redis or memcache

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Sep 23 11:10:52 UTC 2016

Citeren Frank Richter <frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de>:

> Am 22.09.2016 um 15:39 schrieb Jan Schneider:
>>
>> Zitat von Diego D'Angelo <ddangel0 at rosario.gov.ar>:
>>
>>> Hello, i'm using redis server in sessionhandler, everything is
>>> working very nice.
>>> I want to know is there a way to remove one session in redis o
>>> memcache without removing all the sessions.
>>>
>>> i know that if i execute the command "horde-clear-cache", the
>>> script will remove all the data cached (included sessions).
>>>
>>> if i go to https://www.url/horde/admin/sessions.php i see the list
>>> of all sessions, how can i delete one of these sessions? is
>>> posible in redis or memcache ?
>>
>> The API is there, there just no place where it is used (besides
>> internally from the PHP session module).
>>

> I added this functionality to the horde-active-sessions script.
> Sadly, we need it to kill asession, when an account is abused to
> send Spam.

If this is a frequently occurring problem, capping the number of
messages an account can send per hour/day/week can limit the damage
that is done. See the 'max_timelimit' and 'max_recipients' values in
the permissions for IMP.

While this won't prevent compromised accounts from sending spam
through your system, it will at least contain it. When users hit this
limit, this could trigger an action to verify if they have a
legitimate reason (in which case the limit for that individual can be
raised) or to not (in which case the account should can be suspended).