[horde] CheckBox Issue... I call it a bug, you?

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:01:39 UTC 2017

On 27 Mar 2017 17:04, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:

>> emails.

>>> ----- End message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----
>>>
>>> I had raised the same issue sometime in February 2014 with subject
>>> "Some of our users are loosing their mails.".  But, issue was rejected
>>> by the developer team.
>>>
>>> It is not a complaint. But, still a suggestion to re-look at this
>>> issue.  Our users are still facing this issue once in a while.  User
>>> is either able to manage by looking at Trash or asking admin to
>>> retrieve it as part of unexpunge feature of cyrus-imap.
>>

>> I think the issue is not that it selects email message on the preview,
but
>> that clicking checkbox doesn't unselect previously clicked message. I
>> don't remember much how IMP dynamic interface works because I'm not using
>> it anymore, but in my opinion just clicking on the checkbox should be
>> equal to clicking on the subject. This goes the same for multiselection
>> when using Shift or Ctrl on the keyboard.
>>
>> --
>>    Vilius
>

> This would make it a radiobox instead of a checkbox and you could no
longer select multiple messages.

I disagree.  Like the OP and other contributors, if I want to select
multiple messages, I will click precisely on multiple checkboxes.  But if I
click on one checkbox and then click on another subject field, I expect
only the newly selected email to be selected and processed with any delete
action.

The way gmail/yahoo/outlook does it.

I'd really urge you to consider it.
Happy to do a screenshare and show you.