[horde] Horde performance with ActiveSync?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 16:14:08 UTC 2018

On 10/04/18 15:41, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Sebastian Arcus <s.arcus at open-t.co.uk>:
>
>> I have a Horde 5.2.17 + PHP 5.6.35 + Postgresql 9.2 + Lighttpd 1.4.49
>> with 10 iPhones/iPads in ActiveSync/Exchange mode. The users have
>> fairly large Inboxes - some of them of 20 000+ emails. On IMAP that is
>> not causing any issues, and hardly any load on the server.
>
> Which IMAP server do you use? Is it local to the webserver?

Thank you for replying. I use Dovecot which runs on the same server as
Horde.

>> It is the first setup I am doing with more than 1-2 devices in
>> Exchange mode, and I am trying to get a sense of what performance is
>> 'normal' or expected.
>
> The load should be negliable for just two devices. What are the
> $conf[activesync] settings from horde/config/conf.php?

Two devices is what I run on the other Horde setups I have. This one has
10 iPhones/iPads.

Here are the ActiveSync settings:

$conf['activesync']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
$conf['activesync']['storage'] = 'Sql';
$conf['activesync']['emailsync'] = true;
$conf['activesync']['version'] = '14.1';
$conf['activesync']['auth']['type'] = 'basic';
$conf['activesync']['autodiscovery'] = 'full';
$conf['activesync']['outlookdiscovery'] = false;
$conf['activesync']['logging']['type'] = false;
$conf['activesync']['ping']['heartbeatmin'] = 60;
$conf['activesync']['ping']['heartbeatmax'] = 2700;
$conf['activesync']['ping']['heartbeatdefault'] = 480;
$conf['activesync']['ping']['deviceping'] = true;
$conf['activesync']['ping']['waitinterval'] = 15;
$conf['activesync']['enabled'] = true;