[horde] Horde & php8

Michael Schlueter michael at johalla.de
Thu Jul 6 20:48:13 UTC 2023

Am 07.04.23 um 20:51 schrieb A. Schulze:
> Hi all,
>
> just my thoughts:
>
> I use to use Debian's packages to run horde. So I checked it's state
> in Debian:
>
> - Horde is still available for the upcoming Debian release (bookwork).
> - On https://sources.debian.org one could see some patches that are
> used to build Debian packages.
> - Debian 12 will use PHP 8.2, see
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=php&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> - Horde packages are available for Debian Bookworm:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=php-horde&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> - sources including patches for the packages are available on
> https://sources.debian.org
>
> Maybe the patches are inspiration for people discussing about "Horde
> project status" last days.
>
> I did not try to run horde on Debian Bookworm (still use Bullseye),
> but I expect most of the features will be available.
> The changes required to run horde on PHP8 are known but simply not
> back upstream.
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

A few days ago I installed PHP 8.1 in addition to PHP 7.4 to figure out
was is needed to make horde working with PHP 8.1. With only picking some
cherries with git from the master branch most of horde is working:

     IMP:
     1053586
https://github.com/horde/imp/commit/10535860c24f2677671fbbc0d97129c994225c37
(already on FRAMEWORK_5_2 branch but not released)

     Kronoth:
     c508f6d
https://github.com/horde/kronolith/commit/c508f6d729f9f70354970be9af2a59b94eb3c0c8

     History:
     689a0a8
https://github.com/horde/History/commit/689a0a89e03786d02718f96db269fc04b5d24d65

     Ingo:
     ad24579
https://github.com/horde/ingo/commit/ad2457989c0d6737621d5ec89678d36e6c4e2538

So far I see two issues:

1. Adressbook turba ony shows the first entry (after that I can see a
500 Internal Server error). Log shows:
Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of
Horde_Form_Type_pgp::init($gpg, $temp_dir = null, $rows = null, $cols =
null) must be compatible with Horde_Form_Type_longtext::init($rows = 8,
$cols = 80, $helper = []) in /usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line
843', referer: https://johalla.org/turba/

2. Creating a new mail shows following error:

ValueError Object
(
     [message:protected] => ReflectionMethod::__construct(): Argument #2 ($method) cannot be null when argument #1 ($objectOrMethod) is an object
     [string:Error:private] => ValueError: ReflectionMethod::__construct(): Argument #2 ($method) cannot be null when argument #1 ($objectOrMethod) is an object in /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application/Handler.php:91
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application/Handler.php(91): ReflectionMethod->__construct()
#1 /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php(271): Horde_Core_Ajax_Application_Handler->has()
#2 /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php(84): Horde_Core_Ajax_Application->_getHandler()
#3 /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Factory/Ajax.php(44): Horde_Core_Ajax_Application->__construct()
#4 /srv/www/horde/imp/lib/Dynamic/Compose.php(239): Horde_Core_Factory_Ajax->create()
#5 /srv/www/horde/imp/lib/Dynamic/Base.php(90): IMP_Dynamic_Compose->_init()
#6 /srv/www/horde/imp/dynamic.php(33): IMP_Dynamic_Base->__construct()
#7 {main}

Today I had a look in all the patches from the Debian project. I was a bit surprised that the Kronoth changes were not included because the "Non-static method Date_Calc::dateDiff() cannot be called statically" was the first thing I saw then running PHP8.1.
Unfortunately I found no obvious Debian patch which might fix my two issues.

@Michael Rubinsky: What do you think. Would it be worth to take the patches from debian and merge them to the FRAMEWORK_5_2 branches and release new pear packages? If yes I can prepare the patches and create pull request for all the horde packages. Who could merge the pull request and release the packages?

Cheers,
Michael