[horde] mail is not activated

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 6 19:01:39 UTC 2023

Am 01.10.23 um 23:04 schrieb Brent:
>  Quoting Ferdinand Gruber <fer.grub at yahoo.de>:
>
>> Am 01.10.23 um 00:32 schrieb Brent:
>>> The latest dev version with composer will overwrite your files in
>>> your imp/config directory to defaults. You need to set those back up
>>> again. That includes backends.local.php and mime_drivers.local.php.
>>
>> I tried the following steps. I copied from a rather old backup of my
>> horde version 5 the file horde/|imp/config/backends.local.php |to the
>> current composer installation of horde 6 on my server
>> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/imp/config.
>>
>> That did not help - I still cannot log in. I still get the error
>> message mail is not activated
>>
>> Now I checked a newer backup of Horde 6 - when it was still working.
>> The config folder of that backup contains the following files
>>
>> 22751 Jan 19  2023 backends.php
>>   898 Mar  7  2023 conf.bak.php
>>   898 Mar  7  2023 conf.php
>>  8483 Jan 19  2023 conf.xml
>> 26910 Jan 19  2023 hooks.php.dist
>>    52 Mar  5  2023 horde.local.php ->
>> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/var/config/imp/horde.local.php
>>  1755 Jan 19  2023 menu.php.dist
>> 14648 Jan 19  2023 mime_drivers.php
>> 48620 Jan 19  2023 prefs.php
>>
>> There is no backends.local.php and no mime_drivers.local in the
>> config folder - and I was able to log in using imp. It suppose that
>> this two files are no more needed in Horde 6. Horde 6 has been
>> running on my server without this files for half a year.
>>
>> What is going wrong now?
>>
>> --
>> Regards from Austria
>> Ferdinand Gruber
>> --
>
> If running php-fpm (caching php), then you might need to restart that
> service to pick up the change. I restart httpd and php-fpm service
> after making that change.
>
> The "composer update" will put all files in your directory back to
> default. Don't edit backends.php or mime_drivers.php (if you did);
> instead, create local versions of them. If you made config changes to
> conf.php, you will need to re-do these after a composer update. In the
> old days "pear upgrade horde/imp", it seemed to leave your conf.php
> and your *local* files alone. The composer upgrade is overwriting
> configurations.
>
> brent

I could solve the problem in the following steps:

I connected to my server over SSH and edited manually the horde config
file: /srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/horde/config/conf.php

I temporarily changed horde auth driver to HTTP Basic Authentication:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin');
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'http';
$conf['auth']['params']['htpasswd_file'] = '/srv/www/.authpw';
$conf['auth']['params']['encryption'] = 'plain';

Now I was able to log in. After having saved the configuration of imp I
logged out. Now I changed back the auth config to

$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/imp/config/backends.local.conf seems
no longer necessary.

--
Regards from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber