[horde] Finished importing horde FW_6 to packagist.org / composer / compatibility with newer PHP versions

Lang, Ralf ralf.lang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 14:06:37 UTC 2024

Hi Michael,

tl;dr - you can probably ignore it and it will go away soon.

Am 02/01/2024 um 16:34 schrieb Michael Schlueter:
> Hello Ralf,
>
> Happy new year. Thanks for adding horde/mapi and other packages to
> packagist.org. It is working in a testing setup without any problems
> since a few days also with activesync.
>
> Could you please also have  a look into horde/trean for bookmarks?

It's not on the top of my list but I can apply the standards to it, i.e.

include it in install tests Add trean tests · horde/bundle at 152c2c1
(github.com)
<https://github.com/horde/bundle/actions/runs/7489156045/job/20385100231>
(done)

do a minimal test drive

actively look for signature issues already found in other apps (think of
the horde/form issues in turba, whups and kronolith we already solved).

Any issues you report will be handled, too.

> A lot of the horde components in github in the FW_6 branches still
> have https://horde-satis.maintaina.com/ in the repositories section in
> composer.json. Could that cause problems because packages get loader
> from horde-satis.maintaina.com instead of packagist.org?

Repository sections are only honored for root components, i.e. the
horde/bundle. It will also apply to dependencies when the app or lib
installed as a root component for unit testing.

Otherwise these entries are simply ignored and should not cause
problems. However, generation of the repo entry is disabled for
upstream. Whenever we either run "horde-components composer" in
standalone mode for the branch or "horde-components release for
upstream" to create a new release, a new composer.json is generated from
the .horde.yml file. This new file will not have these entries.