[horde] Finished importing horde FW_6 to packagist.org / composer / compatibility with newer PHP versions

Thierry Thomas thierry at pompo.net
Fri Jan 12 14:08:15 UTC 2024

Le ven. 12 janv. 24 à 14:42:23 +0100, Lang, Ralf <ralf.lang at gmail.com>
 écrivait :

Hello,

> Yes, there will be new releases of horde/horde and the apps.
> This weekend I am working on the component maintenance tool to make the
> process less manual. I will immediately test this with the next round of
> updates.
>
> I want the developer experience to be as smooth as possible.
> On a cosmetic note, previously released alphas identified as "H5" - this is
> changing to "H6" with the current round of updates.

Great!

Also, would it be possible to provide a way to install Horde and its
applications without composer?

As a packager, it seems that composer is not ideal: e.g. see this
message:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ports@freebsd.org/msg04879.html>
(and the others in this thread).

Previously Horde 5.2.23 (with IMP 6.2.27 and the others) has been
packaged for FreeBSD: see
<https://www.freshports.org/www/horde-base>.

It has been removed with PHP-7.4, and I’d like to resurrect it, but it
appears to be difficult with Composer, and the same thing surely
concerns many Linux distributions.

Best regards.
--
Th. Thomas.