[i18n] Solaris 8 + local

"Montero, José Luis" jmontero@al-pi.com
Fri Nov 8 08:25:03 2002

Hi to everyone,

	I've got little (not so little) problems with internationalization
on IMP... I can't see any other language out of standard English.

	The thing is that if I go to /locale/es_ES I see the help file (and
the LC_MESSAGES directory), which is correctly linked on the IMP, and I can
see spanish help. So it seems to be working the locale detection, but
anything else on IMP is in English, no matter what language I choose...

	I've "processed" imp.no as said in the README:

-------------README-------------------
Since the .mo files are binary, they are platform specific. You
have to rerun the msgfmt command.
$ msgfmt -v -o ../locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/imp.mo es_ES.po
-------------README-------------------

I've also processed horde.mo, But I still get IMP in english... :-(

Could it be a locale problem related to Solaris? On the README it also sais:

-------------README-------------------
You have not installed the Supplementary Partial Locales (SUNWploc1) if
you get:
$ LANG=nl_NL
couldn't set locale correctly

This is what it should say.
$ pkginfo | grep ploc
system      SUNWploc       Partial Locales
system      SUNWploc1      Supplementary Partial Locales

The stuff is installed in /usr/lib/locale
$ ls /usr/lib/locale/nl
LC_COLLATE   LC_CTYPE     LC_MESSAGES  LC_MONETARY  LC_NUMERIC   LC_TIME
nl.so.1

I'm running Solaris 8 and README talks about Solaris 2.6... I CAN do
"LANG=es_ES" on the shell, but I don't have those packages on my system,
neither all that stuff on "/usr/lib/locale/es".

Thanks for any suggestion!

Bye.

JL Montero