[imp] Help me please installing IMP from RPMS

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:25:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Maximo <lista@dynastar.com.ar> wrote:

>  I got it working but i get this error when i try "Click here to test PHPLIB
>  for Horde" at test.php3, i get this error :
>
>  Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>  '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in db_mysql.inc on line 73
>
>  Mysql is running.

So if you run "mysql -u hordemgr -p horde" (using the password you've set)
and do "status" from the mysql> prompt, it works and shows it's up?

> and i have :
> srwxrwxrwx mysql mysql 0 mysql.sock
> The sixe is 0. Is that ok?

Yes, that's as expected; it does sound like it's running.  Well, if you
can log in using user "hordemgr" and your password, then double-check that
imp/config/defaults.php3 and horde/phplib/local.inc have that same user
and password.

The horde/scripts/database/dbpasswd.sh script can be used to change the
password in all three places.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>