[imp] problems with single quotes

mkb mkb@ele.uri.edu
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:49:11 -0400

>Can you insert some echo's in prefs.php3 and db.oci8 and try to see where
>the quotes are appearing and where they aren't?  Is it possible that
>Oracle SQL is eating the backslash?

What I think happens is that Oracle wants escapes as '' instead of
\'. In db.oracle, there's a line that replaces all ' with ''. It was
followed by a line  that ended up replacing the character before the
' with a ' like this:

that's -> that''s -> tha'''s

I removed that last line and everything was fine. I think I fixed it
in the db.oci8 that I sent. I'll make sure. How do I go about fixing
things in there if I find problems? I've never worked with CVS
before. (or PHP either :)

Unfortunately, my Oracle server pretty much died. It looks like we're
either re-installing or switching DB's (Oracle was an experiment
cause we got a free license sans docs with Solaris 8)

There is no greater lust than the      mkb@ele.uri.edu
urge to open up another's skull and    ICQ:24596085 AIM:pr0j2501
passionately kiss their brain.         http://www.ele.uri.edu/~mkb
                                        Matt Kane's Brain