[imp] window resizing

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:28:22 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Alain Fauconnet <alain@cscoms.net>:

> Following the general tonality of this list, if we consider that IE is
> too buggy to deal with its bugs in IMP, if we rule out NS as well, and
> since Lynx isn't supported, there aren't that many browsers left that
> will make IMP happy :-)

Uh... what IE problems do you have with the latest 2.2 releases?

> 1) following my analysis of the problem: NS not providing form data back
> and IMP starting a nested POP session, would you think that this is a
> bug (so presumably fixable by tracing the code and finding out where it
> fails) or that this would require a real rework of the logic in
> mailbox.php3 ?

I think you're misunderstanding things a bit. NS is providing the data. But POP
sessions are not persistent - there's no way they can be. Each frame that needs
a session is starting one when it loads up. If those frames load at the same
time, then you have overlap, authentication fails somewhere, and IMP logs you
out.

> 3) if the code needs a rework, would you draft in a couple of sentences
> how you would imagine the new logic should look like ?

The best thing you can do (given that you can't move to a pop server that
doesn't break in this way) is to get rid of as many frames as possible. Thus,
2.3.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private