[imp] Secure Compose "Navigation Cancelled" when I answer NO to the popup 'Secure and nonsecure

Jeff Greenfield jgreen@calvin.edu
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 19:07:10 -0500

>> If it is the case that 2.3 doesn't have a problem with pop-up
compose
>> window giving this error, is there perhaps something we can do to
the
>> 2.2 code to "get rid" of this error?  I'd really like to put our
site on
>> an SSL connection, but I'm sure there would be fallout just from
that
>> "error" popping up.
>
>It's certainly possible. All it'll take is someone willing to compare
the
>javascript and other variations and find out what's causing the
problem in 2.2.
>Are you volunteering?

Actually, I'll take a look at it over the next few weeks, and if I can
find a solution for you, I will let you know.
Any direction (as you know the code better than I at this point) that
you can point me in, or theories on what is causing it?  Otherwise I'll
just dive in and take a crack at it...

First question to try and narrow this problem down:  Is there a
verified case of this happening in Imp 2.2.x with a real SSL certificate
(I'm currently using a self-signed certificate, which who knows how IE
might deal with it differently.)?
Secondly, has anyone observed this outside of Internet Explorer version
5.5?
and Third, has anyone observed this outside of the 2.2 codebase? - When
you have all of the pop-ups turned on in 2.3, does it happen there at
all?

Hopefully answers to those will narrow my search down a bit.  Thanks.

Jeff Greenfield <jgreen@calvin.edu>
Calvin College Information Technologies
Systems Engineer / Webmaster / Postmaster