[imp] international languages

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:39:01 -0500

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 12:13:23PM -0800, Rick Lee (rlee@electricmail.com) wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is anything special I'll have to do, outside of the standard install to get that support to work, since the install docs makes no mention of the language issues.

Well, the best thing I can recommend is to install it and try it!
There's a demo at <http://demo.horde.org/> as well.

> I need to know if Imp can be used in another language out of the box, if so how do I test it? if not, what do I need to do to get it to work.

Well, IMP supports nineteen other languages out of the box; adding
another is just a case of doing the same thing as was done for the
other nineteen: translating the appropriate phrases and deciding
on the proper character set.

> I was hoping that there was a central doc on how to set that up and test it.

Well, there's <http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c6>..
there really isn't much to *do* beyond follow the example of another
language that's already done.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services