[imp] help installing 2.3

Troy Grady troy@gradylevkov.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:11:36 -0500

Thanks for the detailed feedback Max.  So basically I need the PEAR Crypt
libraries then?  Very well -- I grabbed the latest PHP and Zend cvs as per
the instructions, except that when I get to this point:

>Configure PHP. The following command will give you the proper support
>for all of the programs we installed above, but I suggest you type
>"./configure --help" and look over all of the options you can use:
>
>./configure --with-zlib --with-mm --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
>--with-mcal=../libmcal --with-ldap --with-imap=../imap \
>--with-gettext --enable-ftp --with-db3=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1 \
>--with-apache=../apache --with-mcrypt

...typing ./configure produces an error because there is no configure script
in the php4 folder.  There's a configure.in, at the top of which it says "run
through autoconf to produce a configure script".  But typing "autoconf"
produces all kinds of errors, and the instructions say nothing about having
to do this anyway.  Guidance appreciated!

Thanks,

Troy