[imp] IMP under quota

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:04:44 -0500

Quoting Jie Gao <J.Gao@isu.usyd.edu.au>:

> Hi,
>
> Just some feedback: IMP doesn't seem to handle the situation in which
> disk quota is on. I have received the following from one of our users:
>
> 1.
>
> >I have made one of my test accounts over mail quota. I would put the trash
> can
> >next to the message but when I said empty rubish the messages remained and
> the
> >rubish can disapeared. I discovered that if I moved the messages into the
> inbox
> >I could then delete them.
> >This hasn't worked for the person below. It seems a little silly that when
> >people are over quota they can not delete messages. Could you please look
> into
> >the problem and let me know thanks.

This has nothing to do with IMP; it's your IMAP server failing to find enough
space to expunge the mailbox (UW is apparently pretty inefficient about expunges
- although imap-2000 might be better; I'm not sure). You might want to consider
a server like Cyrus that has its own quotas and can thus handle them
intelligently.

> >Also, when I am in the sent mail folder, I get a pop-up message saying I
> have
> >new mail - which I recognise as a mail I sent myself a week or so ago. This
> >pop-up message arrives everytime I take an action in the sent mail folder.

Whatever client you used to send the email added it to your sent-mail folder as
new.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby