[imp] newbie question - most likely - but i couldn't find it on faq

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:01:53 -0500

Quoting Alan Stewart <alan_stewart@wvmccd.cc.ca.us>:

> I moved up from 2.2 to 2.3 and kept my address book.   Any existing entries
> in the addressbook which where a group (more than one email address) don't
> work.   Also, I am having difficulty in creating a list of users in this
> version.

I'm assuming that you mean 2.2.2 -> 2.2.3? Anyway, groups cause problems with
the simplistic addressbook that imp 2.2.x has; we've taken steps to prevent
them from being used. Turba (the contact manager that IMP 2.3 uses) will make
all of these problems go away. =)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues