Charsets problem

anri@polynet.lviv.ua anri@polynet.lviv.ua
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:11:33 +0200

Hi developers,
I've found that IMP composes 'Content-type' header for its messages based on
browser's HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET header.
MSIE 5.5 SP1 doesnt send HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET header at all, thus, messages,
composed via MSIE in IMP has only "Content-type: text/plain" (no charsets!).

Well, time for Netscape (4.76).
It always sends iso-8859-1 as accept_charset, without any respects to defined
by User ACCEPT_LANGUAGE. It causes the problem in non-web mailers when message
contains cyrillic. Unfortunately, I cannot suggest any solution... I'll hack it
for a time to force IMP use windows-1251 charset for all cases (windows-1251 is
used by 99% of our websurfers).

Best regards,
Andriy Kopystyansky
Webmaster at PolyNet.