IMP + LDAP.

Ray Jackson Ray.Jackson@cern.ch
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:01:01 +0100

Hello all,

I have just downloaded Horde 1.3.3 and IMP 2.3.6 in the hope that I can
configure IMP to use LDAP and LDAP only for data/configuration storage.
  I heave heard all the arguments about how suitable LDAP is and whether
it is fast/slow enough etc. but I prefer to experiment with LDAP alone
and then draw my own conclusions!

Here, we are already using our LDAP servers extensively for sendmail
routing/PAM authentication/User Profiles/Address books etc.  We already
have all the data we need on LDAP and I don't want to have to invent a
new method for storing this data (i.e. mySQL etc.)  Can anybody please
help me get started on how to configure Horde/IMP to use LDAP
exclusively?  The only docs I find appear to be out-of-date... Even just
a basic intro.. i.e. which files to edit... how to stucture my arrays to
contact the LDAP server etc. would be a great start...

This webmail service is just a testbed at the moment and will probably
have very few users from the offset.

Cheers,
Ray

PS. I'm also getting a problem trying to find Log.php?