[imp] file based pref & addr list store?

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:15:58 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, David Benjamin <dbenjamin@tech.offroadcapital.com> wrote:

>  - the server frequently "wedges" or spews Oracle errors
>    which requires an entire server restart, always at bad times.
>
> I'm pretty sure the Oracle errors are a problem with our particular
> installation of PHP or Oracle, or both.

Well, just to add my first thought:  there are steps between file/DBM and
Oracle... you might try MySQL or PostgreSQL, and if it's an Oracle problem
that might very well solve it too.

> Anybody think this is a tremendously stupid thing to do?

No, I don't think file/DBM is necessarily a stupid idea... the more
options you have, the more options you have to performance test, to find
the one that fits best.  :-)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>