session timeouts

Eric S. Johansson esj@harvee.billerica.ma.us
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:40:20 -0500

The other day, I was curious as to whether or not IMP connections ever
"timeout" and become invalid.   As an experiment, I left a browser
(Netscape) up all night after having connected to imp 2.2.3 and then gone
to another page on an unrelated site.  Much to my surprise, I was still
able to access my e-mail in the next morning without any problems.

is there any way I can force/enable a timeout or do users just need to
remember to always logout before walking away from the browser?
Is this an RTFM?

---eric
PS, my instance is up and operational and is working really well!  You guys
are doing a great job!