[imp] new mail count in folders

Adam Sleight adams@linearcorp.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:58:47 -0800

IMAP from the server technically checks # of RECENT messages not # of NEW
messages. It's an expensive cpu operation having to parse through the mailboxes
each time to determine new messages.

That's consisent will all the webmail clients that also have IMAP. Not true with
yahoo webmail...but can you use IMAP with yahoo?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:18:53 -0500
 Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:
  | Quoting Yohann Fourteau <yohann.fourteau@shom.fr>:
  |
  | > When I have a mail with flag deleted and new, it appears in the count in
  | > the folders view. Maybe it would be good not to count deleted new mail ?
  |
  | The only way we can do these counts with reasonable speed is to use
  | imap_status
  | (), which just returns the number of new messages. Also, I believe that's
  | consistent with every mail client that I'm aware of...
  |
  | -chuck
  adam http://www.kaikun.org 5,000+ photos
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ