gpc_magic_quotes

Craig Richardson craig@maccs.mq.edu.au
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:57:47 +1000

Hi All,

I have a question about gpc_magic_quotes.  I know they have to be off for
IMP to work. However I also need them to be on, as our website uses data
stored in the same MySql database.

In my php.ini file (php 4.0.3) I have set the following.
magic_quotes_gpc to ON
magic_quotes_runtime to OFF

I have got around this by adding the following to my httpd.conf (apache
1.3.14)

<directory /home/httpd/html/horde>
php_flag_magic_quotes_gpc Off
</directory>
<directory /home/httpd/html/horde/imp>
php_flag_magic_quotes_gpc Off
</directory>

Which works, no one using IMP gets extra /'s.  However when someone wants to
add some data to mqsql for the website I have to restart the httpd service
to turn on magic quotes for them.  This wont work for times when I am not
here.

Oh btw I am using MySQL 3.22.25

Can anyone suggest anything that might work better.

thanks,
Craig

--
Craig Richardson, BSc