LInes too long?

Mike Richardson doctor@kira.mcc.ac.uk
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:18:33 +0100

Hi,

I was just testing our IMAP servers to see if they handle mails
with lines greater than 1024 chars (early NIMS wouldn't deliver the
message at all) and was surprised to find that IMP returned 'The
document contained no data' when trying to access an account
with a mail with such a long line in it.

imp-2.3.7-cvs
horde-1.3.3-cvs
Apache 1.3.14
php-4.0.5-dev
courier-1.3.7

Swat also fails but fetchmail,IMHO, Outlook and Pegasus do access it
properly.

I'm also going to post something to the courier list in case its a
server issue too.

Thanks

Mike
Copyright 2001       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL     doctor@mcc.ac.uk    Int: 56009
Left through main doors.         Right then left at end of corridor.
First door on left.   URL http://kira.mcc.ac.uk/  Ext: 0161 275 6009
"If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!" - Chuck Norris
"If anything happens to my daughter I have a 45 and shovel" Clueless