[imp] another horde/imp like solution

Raoul EMIN raoul.emin@bigfoot.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 19:01:49 +0200

En réponse à  Abid Ghufran <abidghufran@hotmail.com>:

> I dont meanto offend but is there any other solution for web based
> email for the linux platform?
> Abid Ghufran.

Your mail is a bit of a provocation...

To be honest, imp is by far the best solution available for free webmail
services provided you spend time setting it up properly :) . My personal
experience is that even with no PHP knowledge it is easy to install and
configure on a platform as tricky as WinNT...

As far as your request is concerned, you may try MailManPro by Endymion
corp.
This is an extremely easy to setup / customize Perl application. This is the
best solution if you really felt uneasy when installing IMP and want an
extremely customized application. Major drawback: it is very slow and POP
based (although it handles folders internally).

Other interesting softs are atdot mail, TWIG, and a lots mores as described
in

-http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/CARMI-Internet/doc/admin_sys_libre.html
or
-http://www.imap.org/

Another valuable choice: imp 2.2.4 ... instead of 2.3.x.

Raoul

Raoul Emin
raoul.emin@bigfoot.com