Wrong sender in the logs.

Bonnefond JM bon@teamlog.fr
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:44:40 +0000

Hi,

I've fresh new installation of IMP on a SuSE linux under Apache, and I've a
few problem using it.

When a user send a mail via IMP, in the logs /var/log/mail the sender appears
as wwwrun (the apache user). But when this mail is received by the
destination address, it's the real sender address that is in the <sender>
part of the mail, and at this point, even if I don't know why the sender
appears as wwwrun in the log, it works as demanded.

The problem is when a user send a mail to another local user that don't exist.
Then the bounced "user unknown" mail is sent to wwwrun and the real sender
never know that his mail hasn't be delivered correctly...

Did someone have any idea, or can explain why the apache user is used instead
of the sender?

Thanks a lot,
Jean-Michel.