[imp] Login (horde auth = 'imp') always returns "Login failed for some reason..."

David Peoples davidp@touringcyclist.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:01:25 -0600

James,

Are you using a MySQL table to store the PHP session data? If so, I suspect PHP
is not saving your session data, despite the apparent success of test.php. Try
this: run the test.php page to be sure the variable increments. Then try to log
in to IMP. After the login fails, load the test.php page and try refreshing
again. See if the session-counter still increments. If it now fails to
increment, you have a problem with session data storage in PHP.

This happened to me and I solved it by switching PHP from MySQL-based to
file-based session storage for Horde. I'm not sure, but suspect a problem in the
code I'm using for PHP's SQL session storage, that can't handle switching back
and forth between the Horde database and the database the session table is in.

David Peoples

---
David Peoples
The Touring Cyclist, 11816 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044
tel: 314-739-4648  fax: 314-739-4972
davidp@touringcyclist.com  http://www.touringcyclist.com