IMPMP (IMP Multi Panel) .

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 00:18:51 +0100

Hi,

I did some changes to IMP some time ago to suit my needs.

I wanted a webmail program that looks more like a desktop mail program
such as Netscape Mail or Mozilla Mail etc, so I added panels support in
IMP. Some people have asked me for these changes since then, so here.....

You can download a patch for IMP-3.0 to have multi panel support (as a
preference) at

http://atifghaffar.com/sections/softwares/horde/impmp/IMPMP-01.patch.gz
apply it in your imp directory with the following command.

gzip -fdc IMPMP-01.patch.gz | patch -p3
After applying the patch copy
    config/prefs.php.dist to config/prefs.php
and
   config/conf.php.dist to config/conf.php

Then make any changes that you did already to these two files.

You may optionally download the complete package with already modified
files at

http://atifghaffar.com/sections/softwares/horde/impmp/impmp-3.0-01.tar.gz=

If you want to demo this version for the lookNfeel, you may do that at
http://horde.ispman.org/MP/horde
username: horde
pass: imp

PS:: Please note, Do not send mails about problems with these patches to
the LIST, instead send them directly to me as I am the only one
maitaning these patches.

cheers

Some more information

Model 1
Top panel: Menu
Left panel: Folders
Right top panel: Message list
Right bottom panel: Message content

Visulize all folders, message list and messages all at a time.
Less reload (message list is always there)
  ----------------
|   M E N U      |
  ----------------
|     |          |
| F   | MESSAGES |
| O   | LIST     |
| L   |          |
| D   |----------|
| E   | MESSAGE  |
| R   | CONTENT  |
| S   |          |
|     |          |
  ----------------

Model 2
Top panel: Menu
Middle panel: Message List
Botton panel: Message content

Visualize message list and messages at a time.
More space for reading messages (no folder panel)
.----------------.
|   M E N U      |
|     MESSAGES   |
|       LIST     |