[imp] imap php4 libphp4 problems

Roman Serbski libser@manas.kg
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:17:50 +0500

Sage McGirk wrote:
> php with the flag --with-imap is causing great problems for me.
> apache_1.3.22
> mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22
> imap-2001a for the c-client
> courier-imap
> horde-2.0
> imp-3.0
> php-4.1.1
>
> php4 compiles just fine with --with-imap-ssl on its own.  But with IMP,
> uw-imap c-client is required.

Could you provide more information about what options do you use while
running ./configure for php and apache? Did you compile c-client with
SSL? - it requires:
1. some changes in imap-XXX/src/osdep/unix/Makefile
2. running make with additional options:
	For example - FreeBSD:
	make bsf SSLTYPE=unix

I compiled php-4.2.0-dev with no problems. ./configure
--with-imap=/path/to/c-client --with-imap-ssl works just fine for me.

> I have yet to find a way to make this all work together
>
> mirage# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
> Syntax error on line 210 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Probably there is syntax error in httpd.conf. Try to run httpd -t to
check where/what it is.

> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
> server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol
> "ssl_onceonlyinit"
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Ahh. Are there any specific reasons why are trying to compile php as
Dynamic Module? Maybe there is a chance to give a try to Static Module? :)

> I have tried reinstalling everything, but as long as i need to use
> c-client my installation will not work.
>
> please help
>
> thanks
>

> sage

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Roman

--
"Jer ono sve sto znas o meni to je samo stara prica - ja sam jedan od
mladica koje vidjas svaki dan" - Arsen Dedic