IMP3.0 Address Line Oddities / Log in issue.

Hamilton, Kent KHamilton@Hunter.COM
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:30:35 -0600

Our Config is:
FreeBSD 4.x-Stable
Apache 1.3.2
PHP 4.1.1
C-client-0106191041 (I avoided upgrading to 2001a)
MS Exchange 5.5 as the LDAP backend for the address book and the IMAP
server. Horde 2.0 IMP 3.0 sendmail

First Issue:
In order to log in to M$ Exchange you have to use a username like
"domain\loginname\mailalias" this works fine with IMP 2 but appears to break
in 3.0. If you use the "/" rather than "\" it works but then I have to
retrain all my users. Where can I go fix this quickly?

Second Issue:
I have some people here testing 3.0 on a non-production system now and here
is an issue they are having. Is this some configuration issue with PHP that
we've missed or is this a problem with IMP?

Item 1)
Click Compose.
In the To: field type username
Click expand names.
"Name, User" <Username@Someplace.com> is shown.
Type some text in the body
Click Spell Check.
Correct any misspellings.
Click next or done.

When you return to the message composition page the To: field will be filed
with:

\\\"Name, User\\\" <Username@Someplace.COM>

Clicking Send will give you an error that the message could not be sent. The
address isn't valid.

=========
Item 2)
If you click on address book.
Type "Username" and press search.
Place a check next to "User Name" and choose Send.
The message composition will open and the name will be :

\"Name, User\" <Username@Someplace.COM>

Type your message and hit send and you get an error that the message could
not be sent.

--
Kent Hamilton <KHamilton@Hunter.COM>
Manager - Systems Admin & Networking