[imp] Does Imp 3.0 generate wrong header fields?

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:19:24 +0100

Dear all,

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> If you grep through the entire Horde source tree, you will find that

> nowhere do we assign the value 'Any' to a charset.

Thank you for that reassuring information.

> Please, either back up your accusations, or phrase them a bit less
> apocalyptically.

Sorry if my wording could be misinterpreted. I was not accusing, I was
seeking information. Remember, I had written:
 > Is that correct?
 > If so, there is a real problem.
of which Cuck chose to quote only the second line.

I have indeed perceived problems with the way IMP 2 handles
(or rather: ignores) MIME charset issues. (We have not tinkered
with the configuration, in this respect.) Now I am trying to
understand IMP 3, before we rush at the adventure of implementing
it and of confronting our users with it.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz