Horde and Problem report Error

Donatas V. vyzard@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:37:59 -0800 (PST)

I have found the problem.
looks like it was in horde/lib/base.php :

@define('HORDE_BASE', dirname(__FILE__) . '/..');

the above line defines HORDE_BASE as the catalog where
horde sits.
as all my pages has 744 permissions, and all folders
have 711 permissions (of course they have root:sys
ownership,because if my nobody user ever gets hacked,
he cannot do many things with my www files then...). I
think those permissions are safe.
So as my /document/root/ folder is 711, horde cannot
define HORDE_BASE variable, because it needs to have
read permision, so it is defined to nothing('').
And HORDE_BASE . '/lib/filename.php' is treated not as
/docroot/horde/lib/filename.php but as
/lib/filename.php .
As I am not going to change directory permissions, I
just defined HORDE_BASE by myself :

@define('HORDE_BASE', '/doc/root/horde');

And it worked.
If you have any further suggestions regarding defining
HORDE_BASE,or "safer" permissions, let me know.

--- "Donatas V." <vyzard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Recently, I figured out, that something is wrong
> with
> my IMP RELENG_3 and HORDE RELENG_2 instalation.
>
> I can login to imp, then if I click on "Problem
> report" icon, I get this in my window :
> Fatal error: Failed opening required
> '/lib/../lib/Registry.php'

(include_path='.:/opt/php/include:/opt/php/lib/php:/usr/www/docs/horde/lib')