[imp] next stable ?

paragg@konark.ncst.ernet.in paragg@konark.ncst.ernet.in
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:21:28 +0600 (IST)

Quoting Chris <shai-hulud@chello.at>:

> hi there,
>
> does anyone have an idea when the next STABLE of IMP can be expected
> i still use the imp 2 branch , because imp3 (IMHO) this misses the
> "user-friendly" part that was already there in 2.2 ( Adressbook from
> compose as the strongest arg.)

I agree with you. The address book feature of IMP 2.x.x is far better
than the address book feature of IMP 3.x . That's the reason we haven't yet
migrated from IMP 2.2.7 to IMP 3.

Another weakness of IMP 3 address book is that one cannot view all the
entries in the address book and then select only those addresses which one
wants. Instead one has to remember names of people and then search, which
is not very intuitive.

Regards,
Parag.