[imp] timoutReminder JS in templates/compose/javascript.inc

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 00:40:49 +0200

Zitat von liamr@umich.edu:

> I'm really happy to see this function in there considering some of the
> stuff
> we've run into.
>
> I'm curious, how was 5 minutes decided upon.. because it's safe guess, or
> is
> there a server setting or browser quirk you're taking into consideration?

Not a safe but a wild guess.

> I really like the reminder, but it's annoying in its frequency, and in
> that your
> cursor returns to the top of the composition textarea when the window
> refreshes.

I won't say there is a frequency because the reminder only pops up two
times, once five minutes before the session ends and once one minute before.
But you're right, depending on how long you set session.gc_maxlifetime, this
may become annoying if you write long messages. But still better then losing
the message because of a timeout, isn't it? ;-)

Jan.