[imp] Attachment interface confusing to users

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:08:50 -0400

Quoting Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu>:

> After some more pondering about screen real estate, I started
> experimenting with the layout of the compose screen using a static HTML
> page ripped from imp.  The original goal was to figure out if I could
> safely remove the "attachments" button and some of the other things on
> the screen that I wasn't sure needed to be there, but I ended up messing
> with almost every part of the screen.

All of these, at a glance, rip out things that are essential (Expand
Names), or that should be there (the help, which does indeed work fine),
and most look a lot less intuitive to me than the current model. Just
making things smaller isn't necessarily a good thing.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in