[imp] German language support

Harald Wilhelmi harald.wilhelmi@tngtech.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:07:17 +0200

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 06:27:09PM +0200, [CS] Christof Egner wrote:
> locale -a outputs
>
> [...]
> german
> [...]
>
> Is that correct? I expected de or de_DE or something like that.
[...]
> > What operating system are you using?
>
> It's the Debian Linux distribution.

OK, you have the second problem. I'm not familiar with native language
support on Debian. But in theory you have 2 Options:

  - You may teach your Debian, that there is a language "de_DE".

  OR

  - You teach your IMP, that there is a "german" language.

No idea what is easier. The first option will most likely involve to set
some links in some locale dirctories ( *de_DE* --> *de* ). The later
will involve to copy horde/po/de_DE.po and horde/imp/po/de_DE.po to
german.po, do a make, and reconfigure the language setttings in the
config directories (Horde and IMP).

In any case: strace is your friend! Only problem: You must shutdown
your HTTP server and restart it in single process mode to do an easy
to read strace. If you are working on a productiv system, consider to
run a test enviroment on another port. Try something like:

	strace -f -o /tmp/http.trace httpd -X -f /etc/httpd_test.conf

Look for failed open system calls. If you need more details, check the
man pages of strace and httpd.

I hope that helps
Harald Wilhelmi

Harald Wilhelmi
Partner
EMail: harald.wilhelmi@tngtech.com    *     Phone: +49(89)21589960
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH * Betastr. 9A * 85774 Unterfoehring