[imp] Netscape 4.7x and IMP 3.1 bug?

Peter Sanchez psanchez@nmia.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:59:31 -0700

I upgraded to IMP 3.1 yesterday and have stumbled onto a weird issue. We
are running IMP 3.1, Horde 2.1 and Turba 1.1, qmail and cucipop (POP3). It
seems when using Netscape 4.7x and you try to delete a message netscape
responds with the error "Document contains no data, contact the server
admin" or "Document is of 0 length, contact the server admin" depending
on the version. The email actually does get deleted however.

I have verified my users report of this on Windows 98/2K and FreeBSD
4.6-STABLE. If I logout and relogin using internet explorer I have NO
issues. Same for Netscape 6 or Mozilla, no issues at all. It seems to be
an issue on in Netscape 4.7x. Has anyone seen this? It only started
after the upgrade to 3.1. I (like always) kept a backup of the old 3.0
install and put it back and tested.. worked fine.. put back the 3.1
install and the same issue. Any ideas?

Peter